Saturday 1 February 2014

On 14:12 by Unknown   No comments
What is the Alexander Technique?

Many years ago, when I first came to lessons I had no clue what I was stepping into. All I know is that I had an experience of coming into contact: contact with myself, with my body, with another human being. For someone who had lived mostly alienated and dissociated from her own body, it was a true coming home. Needless to say, I was hooked from the start, even though I could never explain what the Technique was really about. The Universe had tricked me, and I swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker.


What is the Alexander Tecahnique?


This question has plagued me ever since. Finally, I have figured it out.


What is the Alexander Technique for me?


The Alexander Technique is an apprenticeship, a form of training in the subtle workings of the Universe. As above, so below; as within, so without. The Alexander Technique has been my way of coming into contact with the finer laws of this Creation. Know thyself.

The Alexander Technique has many benefits, when its principles are applied to the different areas in which we tend to compartmentalize our human experience. And we can choose to keep it that way: a frosting, a technique that we apply to things. Nothing wrong with that. It has helped me tremendously in all things relating to my body coordination.

But, if you allow it to really work on you, it will unravel you from within. What will you find then? Who will you be?


0 comments:

Post a Comment